Thursday 20 November 2014

Photoshoot

For the front cover, I found a white male with glasses and smart clothing.
I tried to experiment with different angles and poses to see if a happy accident would occur but most of them weren't really appropriate for what we were aiming for, and kind of gimmicky.
We settled with a safe image of the model, Alex simply leaning on the frame as planned. While the smart clothing was useful, we decided that to help him look relaxed we should loosen his tie and unbutton the coat for a casual effect. The gritty surroundings that the picture was taken in were more for convenience than actual choice as it was on school grounds and was actually taken on a slope, which is how I got low-angle shots.
For the contents page I wanted to use images of students working on something practical instead of just a cover pose.
I made use of my Product Design class and wanted to add a prominent depth of field to make the photographs look more cinematic. These images are for decoration for the contents page, so I can be more flexible with them,
I captured a variety of scenarios from different angles. What made things more difficult was the light bulbs in the room. No natural lighting in here.

After taking about a dozen photographs I put the camera away, but I haven't yet decided which photographs I'll use.

No comments:

Post a Comment