Thursday 5 February 2015

DPS Photoshoot


I started taking photographs of the model with the possibility of him being on the cover. I wanted to take mid shots with natural scenery in the background.
This shot was more of a close-up than a mid shot, but it's still usable.

It's more appropriate to call this mid shot, and I got to capture more of the surrounding environment, including buildings. I tried to keep the model in the depth of field, while keeping the background out of focus.
I'm satisfied with the outcome.

This shot was taken with the DPS in mind. The model was positioned to the left of a tree as I wanted the photograph to span over the entire double-page spread, with the article over the tree.
Even though the model is on the left, his is still the focal point of the photograph.

Another DPS shot, with a skyline in stead of a high angle shot like the previous one. While I used a high angle for the photo above to make the reader empathise with the model, I had him look sad in this image to try and emulate that effect.

This close up was taken as potential cover material, and I positioned the model facing away from the sun to help make him stand out from the bright background.
The bounced lighting around the model's hair and shoulders also looks nice.

Yet another shot of the model looking sad. This shot is a close up, but not to the extent of the previous image.
This shot was purely experimental, and probably won't appear in the magazine, but overall I don't think it was bad.

Here is a miscellaneous sub-image that I can use on any page.

This is another disposable image that can make an appearance.

This misc. photo is being used as an album cover for another page.

No comments:

Post a Comment